Newbattle Beekeepers Association is a voluntary organisation for beekeepers.
We take your privacy seriously and this privacy notice sets out how we will use your data, who we will share it with, how we keep it secure and your rights as a data subject. We may change this policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes. By using the website, you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
We keep this policy under regular review. It was last updated: May 25, 2018
What we need from you
We obtain information about you when you use our website or when you contact us with a request to receive our newsletter, make a booking to use the Bee Academy or to make a donation. The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address and telephone number. Should you register as a member of Newbattle Beekeepers Association or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a young person aged 16 or under your details will re-recorded and your association with that young person will be recorded), we will ask you for the following personal information:
• Contact details – name, address, email address and phone number.
• Extra information for attending events/meetings including emergency contact details, relevant health conditions, etc. If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services.
How Is Your Information Used?
We may use your information to:
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect members’ personal information so that we can manage their membership. We will use members’ personal information to:
• Provide core member services, including access to the members area of the website
• Organise activities and manage risk and safety for those who participate in hands-on beekeeping activities.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• Engage on subjects relevant to our representative role, including obtaining views in surveys and polls for research purposes, informing of events and requesting involvement in our beekeeping and conservation activities.
• Promote performance and participation in beekeeping by offering courses, workshops, examinations and other training activities and events.
• Raise awareness of beekeeping by capturing photos, videos and live-streaming at events. We will use this for promotion, education and development purposes.
• Celebrate achievement in our craft by nominating members for awards, and publishing the results of SBA examinations.
• Respond to questions, comments, support needs, complaints or concerns.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We process certain personal information relating to members for the purposes of maintaining a register of members, which includes name, address, date admitted to membership and date on which membership ceased, and to hold general and AGM meetings, including issuing notices and AGM voting arrangements.
Why we need your personal information – equality monitoring
We may in the future, use aggregated and anonymised reports of personal information relating to gender, disability, ethnic group, religion for equality monitoring purposes, enabling us to evaluate and promote equality of opportunity within our craft.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
You have the right to:
• Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
• Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete
• Request that we delete your personal information.
• Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
You can also contact us in writing at:
Newbattle Beekeepers Association
EH27 8 DQ
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the