The theme this year is - Bee Engaged & Bee Pollinator Friendly
7 Things You Can Do for Pollinators
PLANT FOR POLLINATORS
- Habitat opportunities abound on every landscape – from window boxes, farms, business & school campuses and roadside verges – every site can be a habitat.
- Utilise plants native to your area (or at the least, non-invasive for your area)
- Know your soil type and select appropriate plant material.
- Plant in clusters to create a "a target' for pollinators to find.
- Plant for continuous flowering throughout the growing season - Spring to Autumn.
- Select a site that is sheltered from wind, has at least partial sun, and can provide water.
- Allow material from dead branches and logs to remain as nesting sites; Allow patches of bare ground for ground-nesting bees to use; consider installing bee hotels for wood-nesting natives.